Our club meets once a week for an hour. The meetings follow a consistent program of:
- Introduction / welcome by the Toastmaster
- A table tonic (a mood setting one or two minute prepared speech)
- A table topics session (a series of one minute impromptu speeches)
- Prepared speeches (usually five to seven minutes)
- Evaluations (usually three to four minutes)
We meet every Tuesday from 12:30pm to 1:30pm. Our meeting place is very easy to find. We meet at the Pilgrim House, near the Novotel Hotel, at 69 Northbourne Ave, Canberra ACT 2601 – look out for the Toastmasters banner.
You are welcome to attend our meetings as a guest without prior notification. You will only be asked to briefly introduce yourself during the meeting. You will also be given the option to participate in our regular impromptu speaking session, where you speak for one minute on a given topic. As we start and finish on the dot – please arrive a few minutes early so we can welcome you properly.